« Home | I'm Back » | Autumn LeafCrumpled paper falling into skeletal ob... » | This Was something I wrote about six years ago Dar... » | Night CrossingScared eyes,Bright lightsSit still,... » | This video is by InEnglandandLost from The Lost Ex... »

verdun

Verdun

Death is near,Or far
Its hard to tell
Time has left me, here, alone
Dying in this once green field
Now only death surrounds me
The cries of birds replaced by those of men
Their cruel lives torn from them by those in power.
While they dance, we die
Our lives draining away.
It was different once, I think.
I lived, I breathed, I felt
Now only mud, blood, cold
No pain, not now
Its gone, flowing with the red blood
Seeping into the earth that consumes me
Im gone now, nothing but a memory, a name carved in stone.
A single tear of crystal clarity
And oblivion.